Here are some answers to a few frequently asked questions about our trip:
- Nope, we don’t exactly know everywhere we want to go yet! We have a list of places we’d like to get to, which keeps getting longer.
- No, we aren’t going to try to plan everything in advance. We will generally try to plan a month at a time, at least a month in advance, but will also leave room for spontaneity.
- Thanks for asking! We do not yet know what we are going to do with all of our furniture and stuff… Does anyone want to babysit a couch/table/bar/bed frame for a year?? We will probably put some stuff in storage, keep some stuff at our parents’ houses, and try to sell some of the furniture we are less attached to.
- Nope, we are not keeping our expensive San Francisco apartment! For a number of reasons: 1) our lease does not allow us to sublet; 2) we aren’t sure yet that we want to come back to the Bay Area; and 3) it’s too gosh darn expensive!
- We plan to travel as light as we can. We are each taking a backpack and a small personal item. This means that we are veeery limited in what we can take with us, which is making my fashion choices very hard—everything has to be versatile, functional, easy-to-wash, and re-wearable.
- Yes! We do plan to eat a lot! Hopefully we will even find some cooking classes to take along the way.
- Yes! We would love to hear your suggestions for things to do/eat/see and places to go!